Ventura Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Life in Ventura County offers many perks, from its beautiful beaches to its vibrant communities. However, pedestrian accidents can turn a simple walk into a life-altering experience. If you or someone you know has been involved in a pedestrian accident in Ventura County, Zavala Law can help you get the medical care and compensation you are entitled to. With a combination of legal expertise and compassion for what you are going through, Zavala Law is an ideal law firm to guide you through a difficult time in your life. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a collision with a motor vehicle while out on the streets in Ventura County, you can count on Zavala Law to be there for you. Contact our experienced Ventura pedestrian accident lawyer today.
Meet Matt Zavala: Your Go-To Attorney for Pedestrian Accidents in Ventura County
Matt Zavala isn’t your average personal injury attorney. With a decade of experience in insurance defense, extensive trial and litigation skills, and proficiency in mediation as a neutral third party, Matt knows the ins and outs of accident claims like few do. He can view a case from multiple angles, crafting a strategy tailored to your unique situation. At Zavala Law, you’re not just another file on a desk; you’re a valued client deserving of personal service and accessibility.
The Realities of Pedestrian Accidents in Ventura County
Every year, numerous pedestrian accidents occur in Ventura County, resulting in severe injuries or even fatalities. For example, according to the California Office of Traffic Safety, 191 pedestrians were injured or killed in Ventura County in 2020, including 14 minors under the age of 15 and 26 seniors 65 and older. The causes can vary, from distracted driving to poor road conditions. As a pedestrian, you are inherently more vulnerable than a vehicle occupant. That’s why it’s critical to act promptly if you find yourself in such an unfortunate situation to get appropriate care and preserve your right to make a claim against the negligent driver who hit you.
What To Do Immediately After a Pedestrian Accident:
- Seek Medical Attention: Your health is the top priority. Accept treatment at the scene or a ride to the hospital if offered or encouraged. Even if you were released at the scene, it’s important to follow up with a doctor for a thorough examination within a day or two. Some serious injuries may not manifest symptoms right away, but it’s important to have them diagnosed for the best outcome both medically and financially.
- Report the Incident: Contact the local authorities and file an official report. A police report can help determine fault, serving as valuable evidence down the road for an insurance claim or in litigation.
- Gather Evidence: If you are able to, take photos of the scene, collect witness contacts, and jot down important details like time and location.
Your Legal Rights as a Pedestrian in California
In Ventura County, as in the rest of California, pedestrians have specific legal rights. If you’re hit by a vehicle, you may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. But time is of the essence; California has a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury cases, including pedestrian accidents.
A strong working knowledge of California pedestrian laws may be required to determine who was at fault in a pedestrian accident. For instance, pedestrians have the right-of-way at any crosswalk, marked or unmarked, as well as intersections and street corners, so long as they are not disregarding traffic control signals or darting into traffic. Drivers are required to stop and stay stopped for a pedestrian with the right-of-way for the entire time the pedestrian is on the driver’s side of the roadway or close to approaching the driver’s side of the street.
Why Choose Zavala Law?
At Zavala Law, we don’t just work for you; we work with you. Offering more than just legal expertise, we prioritize a positive client experience as much as successful case outcomes. From the moment you walk into our office, you’ll feel the Zavala Law difference:
- Personal Service: You’ll always know the status of your case.
- Accessibility: Got a burning question? Matt Zavala is just a phone call or an email away. You’ll also get Matt personally when you call.
- Client Experience: Our focus is on making the legal process as smooth as possible for you.
Contact Zavala Law Today
Whether you’re dealing with a minor injury or facing a life-changing event, Zavala Law is here to help. Located in the heart of Ventura County, we’re committed to serving our local community. Don’t leave your future to chance; reach out to Zavala Law today. Call 805-429-4292 for a free consultation. There is no fee until we are successful for you.