Ventura Car Accidents Lawyer
Car accidents are many things, and none of them are good. They are painful, stressful, traumatic, confusing, and downright scary. But don’t worry, you’re not alone. Here at Zavala Law, we’ve got your back. Matt Zavala, our lead attorney, combines a decade-plus of experience in insurance defense with a load of trial and litigation experience, experience as a mediator, and a deep commitment to client service and support. Here, you’ll know that you are being listened to and taken care of as we bring all our resources to bear in getting you the compensation you need and deserve after getting hurt in a car accident caused by another driver’s negligence. But enough about us. Below you’ll find some basic information about car accidents and California personal injury law. If you or a loved one has been hurt in a car accident in Ventura County, call Zavala Law for a free consultation and immediate help from an experienced and dedicated Ventura car accident lawyer.
- Bus Accident
- Construction Zone Accident
- Distracted Driving Accident
- Drowsy Truck Driver Accident
- Drunk Driving Accident
- Head-On Collision
- Highway Crash
- Hit & Run Accident
- Motorcycle Accident
- Negligent Truck Maintenance Accident
- Pedestrian Accident
- Rear-End Collision
- Uber & Lyft Accident
- Rollover Accident
- Side-Impact Crash
- Tractor-Trailer Jackknife Accident
- Truck Accident
- Uninsured Driver Accident
- Wrongful Death
Common Types of Car Accidents
Car accidents come in all shapes and sizes. Trust us, we’ve seen our fair share. Let’s break down some of the most common types you might encounter on Ventura County roads:
- Head-On Collisions – This happens when two vehicles crash into each other front-to-front. Typically, head-on collisions happen on undivided two-lane roads and are often the result of distracted or impaired driving.
- Rear-End Collisions – You’re at a red light, minding your own business, and bam! Someone hits you from behind. These are usually due to inattentiveness or following too closely. Even at low speeds, injuries can be painful and debilitating, including whiplash and back injuries, among others.
- Side-Impact Collisions – Also known as T-bone accidents, these occur most often at intersections, typically because of one car running a red light or failing to yield. Depending on the speed of the oncoming vehicle and the relative sizes of the two cars, the injuries inflicted can be catastrophic.
- Rollover Accidents – These can happen when a vehicle is struck at a certain angle or loses control based on the actions of another negligent driver. Vehicles with a narrow wheelbase and a high center of gravity are most susceptible to rollover crashes, which are a leading cause of traffic fatalities.
Car Accident Injuries: What to Watch For
Injuries in car accidents can range from minor scrapes to life-altering conditions. We’re talking about things like whiplash, broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, and spinal cord injuries. Some injuries aren’t immediately apparent, but they can become serious or life-threatening if not promptly diagnosed and treated. No matter the severity of the crash, getting prompt medical attention is crucial.
Proving Your Case and Recovering Full Compensation
In the Golden State, drivers are required to carry a minimum level of liability insurance. Specifically, every driver should have at least:
- $15,000 for injury/death to one person
- $30,000 for injury/death to more than one person
- $5,000 for damage to property
Whether your damages fall within the limits of the negligent driver’s policy or exceed them, getting help from an experienced car accident lawyer is critical to getting a full measure of compensation for the harm you’re forced to suffer. To win a car accident claim in California, you must prove the other driver was negligent and that you suffered injuries as a result. It might seem straightforward, but it can get complex, especially when insurance companies play hardball. Believe it or not, insurance companies are in the business of minimizing payouts. They might try tactics like:
- Making quick, lowball settlement offers that don’t come close to compensating you fairly
- Disputing their insured driver’s liability in causing the crash
- Shifting the blame onto you, the accident victim, which can lessen the amount they have to pay
- Questioning the severity of your injuries, including unending requests for documentation and independent examinations
Why Choose Zavala Law for Your Ventura Car Accident Claim?
We get it. Personal service from your lawyer and accessibility to them is a big deal. To us, it’s as important as the results we get for you in the end. When you choose Zavala Law to handle your car accident claim, we’ll be by your side every step of the way, making sure your needs are being met. Matt’s extensive experience as an insurance defense lawyer, plaintiff’s attorney, courtroom litigator, and third-party mediator, allows him to see the big picture and craft a strategy that offers the best chance for success.
Contact Zavala Law for Help After a Car Accident in Ventura
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a car accident in Ventura County, Zavala Law is here to help. Call 805-429-4292 for a free consultation with a skilled and dedicated Ventura car accident attorney. There is no fee until we win compensation for you.