Santa Barbara Car Accident Lawyer
If you’re reading this, it’s probably because you’ve found yourself tangled up in the mess that is a car accident. Don’t sweat it—Zavala Law is here to help you out. Led by the experienced and successful injury attorney Matt Zavala, our firm is well-equipped with the expertise and experience needed to tackle your case, whether your injuries were minor or catastrophic. We’ll approach your case ready to get results while also making sure you get the care, attention and level of service you should expect from an attorney acting not only as your legal representative but also as your counselor and guide. Get the help you need after getting hurt by a negligent driver. Contact our experienced Santa Barbara car accident lawyer today.
What Kinds of Car Accidents Happen Most Often in Santa Barbara?
The roads of Santa Barbara County witness a variety of car accidents daily, each with its unique set of challenges for the injury victim. Let’s break them down:
- Front-to-Front Smash-Ups – When two cars collide frontally, it often spells serious trouble. High speeds and risky maneuvers are common culprits here, including changing lanes or passing cars recklessly or aggressively, or driving while distracted or intoxicated.
- Getting Hit from Behind – If you’ve ever been rear-ended, you know how it can jolt you both physically and emotionally. The full impact of a rear-end collision on your body might not immediately be known, so it’s important not to ignore what happened or settle the claim too quickly.
- Side Swipes & T-Bones – You’re crossing an intersection and boom! Another car slams into your side. These accidents are usually due to someone ignoring traffic signals due to distracted driving, drunk driving, or recklessly trying to beat a stoplight. Depending on the size differential of the cars involved, side-impact collisions can result in a horrifying crash and severe injuries.
- Flips and Rolls – Some of the most catastrophic injuries happen when a car gets struck and flips or rolls over. High speeds and road conditions often play a part, along with the angle of collision, design of the vehicle and other factors.
Range of Car Accident Injuries: From Minor to Major
From simple bruises to severe head trauma, the injury landscape following a car accident is broad. Spinal injuries, fractures, and concussions are also common. To ensure you are properly treated, accept any medical help offered at the scene, including a ride to the hospital if advised. Later, see your regular doctor for a thorough exam to get the accident on the record should hidden symptoms later appear. If you don’t have a regular doctor, we can recommend one to you.
Liability Insurance and Car Accident Claims
In our sunny state, you’re required by law to carry a base level of liability insurance. To break it down, that’s:
- $15,000 per person for bodily injury
- $30,000 if multiple people are injured
- $5,000 for property damage
Many drivers carry considerably more coverage to protect their assets, while about 16% of Californians don’t carry any at all. Zavala Law will work to see that you are fully compensated for your injuries, regardless of the insurance situation.
Winning your car accident claim isn’t just about telling your side of the story; you’ve got to prove the other driver was at fault and that you’ve been injured. Simple to say, harder to do—especially when insurers aren’t upfront about paying the full value of your claim (they never are). Insurers have a bag of tricks they love to use to avoid paying out. Typical moves include:
- Quick, inadequate settlement offers
- Denying their client was at fault
- Pointing the finger at you
- Downplaying your injuries
Thankfully, with Matt Zavala’s extensive background in insurance defense, personal injury litigation, and mediation, we can offer a well-rounded, strategic approach to secure the best possible outcome for you. And we’ll do it while providing the highest level of client service to make sure your needs are being met.
Contact Zavala Law After a Car Accident in Santa Barbara
If you or a loved one has been hurt in a car accident in Santa Barbara, Zavala Law is here to help. Call 805-429-4292 for a free consultation. There’s no fee until after we’ve been successful in recovering compensation for you.